Please Understand Me
Please understand me, I don't need much,
a thoughtfull look, a pat a touch.
Money isn't the only and all of life,
lack or abundance can bring misery and strife.
But the warmth of your heart, is the all that I need.
It keeps me living and loving and desiring to breathe.
The last breath that I take, pray it's with you,
I'm forever indebted, our hearts beat true.
The Truth that I live, has you in in mind,
the Soul mate I'm searching, today I find.
The find that I make more precious than gold,
each day that passes more mysteries unfold.
And when these mysteries are brought into view,
appreciation abounds, for the love of you!
Your love is more than can be seen or felt,
I'm so very lucky, for the hand Gods dealt.
And given this new concept of Life,
The love you give, dissolves all frustration and strife!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Please Understand Me by Keith Foley )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- After Us, Nikola Madzirov
- Embers in Ashes, Sadiqullah Khan
- Scanned, Sadiqullah Khan
- Lead me Home, Sadiqullah Khan
- While We Danced, Sadiqullah Khan
- SNIP THE SCRIPTINGS' MISBECOMING, Dexsta Ray
- Tears And Dews, Tony Adah
- Feel Like, Michael P. McParland
- i still love you!, Alvin Word Speaker Tatlhego
- Gambled wrong, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos