Plymouth Argyle’s Best Friend
Plymouth Argyle were on a losing streak
They lost fifteen matches on the trot.
The manager tried all the formations
Bought new players but still
The losing streak continued.
After twenty losses the manager was fired
After thirty losses the next manager lost his job.
The Chairman’s desperate pleas for help
Were answered by a powerful wizard.
Who gave him a demon and
Said ‘It’s your lucky mascot’
But must be taken to every match.
They won all their next ten matches
Even beating Manchester united 10 – 0
Arsenal 8 – 0 and against Chelsea 5 – 0 in the cup.
The Chairman was interviewed and
Asked how was the transformation achieved?
He replied ‘Don’t you know,
Demons are Argyle’s best friend.’
Khadim Hussain's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Plymouth Argyle’s Best Friend by Khadim Hussain )
- Wrapped In Silk, michael walkerjohn
- My Prayer, Clive Blake
- AFTER THESE MISTS AND FOGS, M.D Dinesh Nair
- Creek of death!, SALINI NAIR
- Your Coronation, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- I Love You, How To Say, Get It Sent Acro.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Right To Prevail, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Scarecrow, Naveed Khalid
- Beav Cleave - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Hotel, Randy Resh
Poem of the Day
- The Brook, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- An Enigma, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)