Poem at Year’s End...
Poem at Year’s End
In one sweeping, Spring Cleaning, at year’s end,
I gathered up all the year’s photos,
Letters and other mementos:
Placeholders for times spent with you.
I scoured all the closets, top shelves,
Dresser drawers, even pants pockets
I have not worn since.
Convinced, I found it all,
I threw them away in a Catharsis,
A ritualistic purge, in the way
Some might give all they own
When sensing death is near.
Then, I bathed, shaved
And lie down for bed.
Picking up my diary,
I opened to the last page:
And found, still, this bookmark you gave me
Along with this poem
I had written down about you.
12.31.7 John Tansey
Copyright ©2008 John Thomas Tansey
John Tansey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poem at Year’s End... by John Tansey )
- Dorian, Edward Kofi Louis
- Alexi, Edward Kofi Louis
- L.Messi 오피뷰 부산오피 KTwiz 분당오피 OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM .., sibngnu4 sibngnu4
- The well of Secrets, Kenneth Maswabi
- AOA▷오피뷰◁모든 부산오피 분당오피걸의 모든것 OＰGＡNＤA/ＣOM, sibngnu4 sibngnu4
- The Poor's Struggle, Miethi Goswami
- I Am Myself, Edward Kofi Louis
- Nine Days To Silence - Day One, Alan Reynolds
- Lovely Minds, Edward Kofi Louis
- Berbatov, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Angel, William Blake
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Drummer Hodge, Thomas Hardy
- Bright Star, John Keats
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(1895 - 1985)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)