Lawrence S. Pertillar (February/'47 / Connecticut, USA)
Publicly I take this opportunity,
To apologize to PoemHunter.com for submitting a poem...
I recently had written that was depicted as offensive,
With sexual content that is opposed to their guidelines.
I did not 'intend' to be offensive as much as depict,
A world that has become too accepting and disrespectful.
And, as a writer I admit, taking it to the limits of tolerance...
Was/Is irresponsible. And I thank PoemHunter.com for allowing
All of us who do write such a fine a website,
to submit our expressions. And for the many years I have gained
support and a 'notoriety' of sorts, I can only thank Poemhunter
Again, I apologize to PoemHunter.com and to those who found
my sexually 'over-the-top' submission offensive.
Best Wishes only do I have for all of you.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
- ' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your R...
- $10 a Gallon?
- $5 a Barrel of What?
- (Further Away) From The Year Two Thousan...
- (The) Benefit of Needless Conflict
- (The) Acceptance of a Nothingness
- (The) Bigger Lie
- (The) Depthness of This Kind of Introsp...
- (The) Fate of Fatal Lovers
- (The) Budding Grace of April
- ...and 'now' I lay me down to sleep
- '...I feel like I've been robbed! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Lawrence S. Pertillar