Poems about leaving
Black converse, green converse,
We three are strung together by
the shoelaces in our hearts
filling our souls with –
emo kids talk.
for a few moments in time,
rocking to the beat of our eyes.
Young and in love it’s always
too early to leave.
down the boardwalk into
pictures and carousels and wet lanes.
The street and stains remind us
of good friends, good times,
good people. Floating on sugar water,
docked in chocolate, right now
the world is so sweet.
Lights and rhythm,
funnel cake, our bare feet
flying down the beach way
we’re too good to end
and our pre-dawn eyes know it–
so we jump
from fear of heights
and end up with sand in places
it takes years to find.
We will, later, find ourselves
we’ll walk down the streets
with the marks of our friends
and maybe it’s not so bad
in the end.
Zoe Nyght's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poems about leaving by Zoe Nyght )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Sign, Rex mayor Ubini
- Open Letter to Lady Poetry, Sandra Feldman
- Mbase nuk e dinte…, skender iljaz braka
- Prej njerëzores dua të digjem, skender iljaz braka
- Ominous Silence, Valsa George
- Contemporary Indian English Poetesses, S.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- बा गोथौ, Ronjoy Brahma
- When My Obedience Is Fulfilled, Rex mayor Ubini
- My Gown Of Dust, Rex mayor Ubini
- Dear God, Tara Stano