Poet Without A Pen
A poet who is without a pen,
Is like a lion that has no den.
Like a hotdog with no mustard,
Or like jelly with no custard.
Just like Yin that has no Yang,
Or like a firework with no bang.
Just like fish served without chips,
Or tortillas served without dips.
Just like a teapot without any tea,
Or like a forest without any trees.
Just like a singer without any song,
Or like Hong that's without its Kong.
Just like a toyshop with no toys,
Or a rattle which makes no noise.
Just like a play without any players,
Or a trifle that is lacking in layers.
Just like a night sky minus its moon,
Or like a song that hasn't any tune.
Just like a machine that has no power,
Or a loaf of bread without any flour.
Together, some things just belong:
If they're apart, it just feels wrong.
Thoughts in your head just go round,
If you're unable to write them down.
If you lose your pen, or if it runs out,
You feel frustrated, and want to shout.
If you're in the wilds, or sat on a train,
Having no pen will drive you quite insane.
Angela Wybrow's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Poet Without A Pen by Angela Wybrow )
- To Want With Wishes It More Lived, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Your Kept Best, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- ROUND AND ROUND, Peter LeBuhn
- God's Gift To You!, Denis Martindale
- Voices, stephen awuni
- Cost Less, stephen awuni
- My Past Governs Me, Ian Paisnel
- Mind's Heart, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Unrest Soul: Imperfection, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- OVER THE TOP, Donald R Charon
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)