Poet Without A Pen
A poet who is without a pen,
Is like a lion that has no den.
Like a hotdog with no mustard,
Or like jelly with no custard.
Just like Yin that has no Yang,
Or like a firework with no bang.
Just like fish served without chips,
Or tortillas served without dips.
Just like a teapot without any tea,
Or like a forest without any trees.
Just like a singer without any song,
Or like Hong that's without its Kong.
Just like a toyshop with no toys,
Or a rattle which makes no noise.
Just like a play without any players,
Or a trifle that is lacking in layers.
Just like a night sky minus its moon,
Or like a song that hasn't any tune.
Just like a machine that has no power,
Or a loaf of bread without any flour.
Together, some things just belong:
If they're apart, it just feels wrong.
Thoughts in your head just go round,
If you're unable to write them down.
If you lose your pen, or if it runs out,
You feel frustrated, and want to shout.
If you're in the wilds, or sat on a train,
Having no pen will drive you quite insane.
Angela Wybrow's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Poet Without A Pen by Angela Wybrow )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Without Purpose Or Reason Affixed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Baobab Tree, I Am Krakatoa
- Game of chance, Aftab Alam
- 'Tween Love and Hatred,, Aftab Alam
- Life alright, hasmukh amathalal
- A Child Is Like A Flowering Rose, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Only one...1, hasmukh amathalal
- Caring For A Lonely Heart, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Play Any Tune, Neela Nath
- It Was the Best Day, Sandra Feldman