Poet Without A Pen
A poet who is without a pen,
Is like a lion that has no den.
Like a hotdog with no mustard,
Or like jelly with no custard.
Just like Yin that has no Yang,
Or like a firework with no bang.
Just like fish served without chips,
Or tortillas served without dips.
Just like a teapot without any tea,
Or like a forest without any trees.
Just like a singer without any song,
Or like Hong that's without its Kong.
Just like a toyshop with no toys,
Or a rattle which makes no noise.
Just like a play without any players,
Or a trifle that is lacking in layers.
Just like a night sky minus its moon,
Or like a song that hasn't any tune.
Just like a machine that has no power,
Or a loaf of bread without any flour.
Together, some things just belong:
If they're apart, it just feels wrong.
Thoughts in your head just go round,
If you're unable to write them down.
If you lose your pen, or if it runs out,
You feel frustrated, and want to shout.
If you're in the wilds, or sat on a train,
Having no pen will drive you quite insane.
Angela Wybrow's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Poet Without A Pen by Angela Wybrow )
- Cups of Coffee in Autumn, Rocky Lizardi.Brown
- Beauty Never Lasts, Bareerah Bilal
- The Trail of the Snail, Frank Weedings
- Limerick-66, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- winter nights, lee fones
- The Raging Fire, Jasbir Chatterjee
- Veni, Vidi, Vici, Jasbir Chatterjee
- Escape to Freedom, Bareerah Bilal
- - White Buffalo -, Joe Muschaweck
- Plants are Soul of Earth, Rohit Sapra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)