Politics was never my forte.
I never understood about boundaries
they dissolved before me
every country extended to the poles.
Politics is not mere people and parties
agendas coups, says my friend
There is politics in everything
even in relationships.
Regardless of anything whether
tangible or intangible
man or woman
living or non living
everything has a politics.
Politics for me is merely flags of different colours
elite names in newspapers,
lengthy incomprehensible discourses
cleverly manoevered moves
to meet ones needs and ends.
With a heart of flower
Iam unable to comprehend
how heads are slit with swords and
hearts pierced with shots.
So i dont have a politics.
My heart is boundless
relations sans boundary
words smell humanity
deeds colour kindness.
So i dont need a politics of my own.
I never lost anything for my lack of it
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Politics by Gita Janaki )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- The Season of His Birth, Frank Avon
- The Man Who Cut His Left Leg, Sergi Dutronc
- Back agin, Rodney R. Cooper
- Science Vs Spirituality, Tushar Ray
- Everlasting silence, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- all the sun does is stare at my faults, Mandolyn ...
- If I seem, Rodney R. Cooper
- Mojo, Morgan Michaels
- The Tiny Beauty, Zoila T. Flores
- Christmas Tree Ornaments, Frank Avon