Politics was never my forte.
I never understood about boundaries
they dissolved before me
every country extended to the poles.
Politics is not mere people and parties
agendas coups, says my friend
There is politics in everything
even in relationships.
Regardless of anything whether
tangible or intangible
man or woman
living or non living
everything has a politics.
Politics for me is merely flags of different colours
elite names in newspapers,
lengthy incomprehensible discourses
cleverly manoevered moves
to meet ones needs and ends.
With a heart of flower
Iam unable to comprehend
how heads are slit with swords and
hearts pierced with shots.
So i dont have a politics.
My heart is boundless
relations sans boundary
words smell humanity
deeds colour kindness.
So i dont need a politics of my own.
I never lost anything for my lack of it
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Politics by Gita Janaki )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Hoarding, gajanan mishra
- In The Theatre Of Roses I Took My Seat, mary douglas
- The Value Of Life, Marites C. Cayetano
- River and ocean, gajanan mishra
- My Kudos To Your Beauty, Tega Akpomraphiphe
- Learning to Lean on Him, Annajoy Thompson
- Learning, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- I Belong, Anthony Di'anno
- Focus On Your Studies, Ronell Warren Alman
- Around the eyes, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK