Polyacrostic Palimpsest - Testing Times for Sonnet Rhymes - What Enterprise!
Pressed, the mesh inset in style hides, shy.
Efforts knit span lines to link as I -
Not on trite end - top levels mask, text free.
Your summons seeks, a bubbly threaded key
On to straight end true, whose inner cry
Uses the prose, its music just, to tie.
Reread, prime the brain, gold runes there be
Haste. All nets art, stands meter ready,
Ever here rests precious. Test apply
A hidden cue where a verse pitch reply
Renders truth's initials to train thee.
Take these echos, guest, yet peruse them well,
Sharp telescopes help set score, context spell.
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
The Palimpsests are
Open your hearts and happiness will become true
Or foster new hopes, giving joy anew
Adjacent letters (vertical, horizontal, diagonal)
spell TEST over 30 times
(25 May 2005 revised 14 July 2006)
Comments about this poem (Polyacrostic Palimpsest - Testing Times for Sonnet Rhymes - What Enterprise! by Jonathan ROBIN )
- POEMS, Thomas Plotz
- I Love You Dear, Michael McParland
- A Bunch Of Daffodils...., Eshan Gupta
- Past Thought's Rapport, michael walkerjohn
- Devil's Darkness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Where is justice?, gajanan mishra
- Silent Voices - Heartbroken Sounds, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Stumble And Fall, Maurice Rowlands
- Love others, gajanan mishra
- Thoughts of Perfection, michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Go Back to May 1937, Sharon Olds
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(November 19, 1942)