Polyacrostic Palimpsest - Testing Times for Sonnet Rhymes - What Enterprise!
Pressed, the mesh inset in style hides, shy.
Efforts knit span lines to link as I -
Not on trite end - top levels mask, text free.
Your summons seeks, a bubbly threaded key
On to straight end true, whose inner cry
Uses the prose, its music just, to tie.
Reread, prime the brain, gold runes there be
Haste. All nets art, stands meter ready,
Ever here rests precious. Test apply
A hidden cue where a verse pitch reply
Renders truth's initials to train thee.
Take these echos, guest, yet peruse them well,
Sharp telescopes help set score, context spell.
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
The Palimpsests are
Open your hearts and happiness will become true
Or foster new hopes, giving joy anew
Adjacent letters (vertical, horizontal, diagonal)
spell TEST over 30 times
(25 May 2005 revised 14 July 2006)
Comments about this poem (Polyacrostic Palimpsest - Testing Times for Sonnet Rhymes - What Enterprise! by Jonathan ROBIN )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- Dream Variations, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Pictures And Portraits, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Lost Dream, Tony Adah
- Our Street., michael walker
- Dreams Of This Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Captured By Music, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Remembering Beauty Of Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Feeling Loneliness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I Don't Know Who You Are, Vera Sidhwa
- Poet's Space, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Flower Puff was Given To Me, Vera Sidhwa