Poor Mom's prolific University
Mom came with a pile of books
Kept on the table and removed her shoes.
And said; ' Hello! Sonny still time to learn,
Jump into an University dear.'
'Mom! I am not a boy and already fifty eight.
How do they enroll me when the graveyard too refuses?
Also they have locked the gate for holidays.' I said angrily.
' I have the Master key if you get ready at anytime.' She said smilingly.
It's a dream I know but my poor Mom still holds that innocent hope
And I felt very sorry for her when I see other Moms on my way to work.
nimal dunuhinga's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poor Mom's prolific University by nimal dunuhinga )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- BECAUSE OF YOU, Colin Ian Jeffery
- Not that heavy words...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The return of the sea's hero, Ellias Anderson C.A ( Known ..
- Why ash? ? ?, SALINI NAIR
- An Old Bench, David Harris
- Gifted Young-to Know of Death. But Not W.., A.j. Binash
- Hard words from an open page..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Who Put On The News?, John Garth Raubenheimer
- In servitude and sea, Elijah o.b Zoff
- mermaid, laxami Cards