Don't mess with the Catholic Church.
Galileo learned the hard way,
When from his scientific perch,
Earth moved around sun, he did say.
The Church ruled this was heresy,
Against the Holy Scriptures' words,
And so for being so naughty,
Galileo was for the birds,
And caged for life in house arrest.
The Pope who once had been his pal
Was peeved that Galileo messed
The word with truth and hurt morale.
Even today, for what it's worth,
The Pope meddles with what on Earth!
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Pope Scope by Ima Ryma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- war why war, Jason Callender
- Sleeping Slumber, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Falling, Noradee Castillo
- Listen to the sound, Alex Adeoye
- SATAN'S HORDE, Tom Zart
- To Think It Fine And Dandy, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- More Treasured Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Who Am I?, Liilia Talts Morrison
- That 'Is' A Nice Car, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Bled For Less, A.j. Binash