Lord John Wilmot (1647 - 1680 / Oxfordshire / England)
Portsmouth's Looking Glass
Methinks I see you, newly risen
From your embroider'd Bed and pissing,
With studied mien and much grimace,
Present yourself before your glass,
To vanish and smooth o'er those graces,
You rubb'd off in your Night Embraces.
Poet Other Poems
- A Fragment of Seneca Translated
- A Satyre Against Mankind
- A Song of a Young Lady to Her Ancient Lo...
- A Woman's Honour
- Absent of Thee I Languish Still
- Against Constancy
- All My Past Life...
- Epitaph on Charles II
- Give Me Leave to Rail at You
- God Bless Our Good and Gracious King
- I Cannot Change, As Others Do
- Love and Life
- My Dear Mistress Has a Heart
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.