(Return To Atlantis II)
(Follow the warm and subtle breeze,
as it will show you life under the seas…)
Travel to any destination along the coast,
here an old and undying love does boast.
Stroll on the beach and watch the tide,
and you will realise two worlds confide,
see how the water fondly caresses the sands,
my daughter held snugly in my hands.
I was born below the crashing waves,
it was there that I built my conclaves.
Deep under the water you will find,
the secret of the birth of mankind,
from beneath the oceans rolling surf,
my sea servants gave life to the Earth.
Around the island of Atlantis,
my wife; Amphitrite, and I did kiss,
from there she swam to the surface,
came upon the shore and birthed Artemis,
there my daughter made the land her domain.
Now an outcast by her servants of global fame,
I try to soothe her as she has lost her home,
as her woodland heart is now replaced by stone,
so I send out a plea to you from under the sea,
oh please will you return my daughter to me.
Dale Mullock's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poseidon by Dale Mullock )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Wolf in the Heart, mazHur Butt
- I burped after I wrote this, Jena Crowe
- REMOVE Jefferson Carter, Richard Thripp
- Damned if I do damned if you don't, Mark Heathcote
- Black Gloves, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Even though late, hasmukh amathalal
- What a curtain Bisbee has, Amy Michelle Mosier
- The Shockers, Sandra Feldman
- Rather than talking to walls, Amy Michelle Mosier
- July 11,1991, Amy Michelle Mosier