Ofentse Mercy Hajane
Possessed and Puppeted [Religion]
Sorrow falling into an ocean of
Skins lying on the floor
Fangs broken from their mouths
The darkness wearing a long robe.
Talking tales to our malleable souls.
Tricking our backward minds into drinking our own blood.
A sounding voice.
A song that hypnotized our mind.
After taking control
It would bang hard the skull into doing horrific deeds.
At the beginning,
Excitement would fill the eyes of the possessed.
In later winter days,
It became addictive.
A need it strucked upon the enslaved ones.
A chain upon their necks, it puts
It grew colder and darker.
The grey matter of their brains turned into black ash.
Wakening the evil of men.
And destroying his saintly possessions.
It tossed him around.
Wondering off into his death
Hell's mouth opened like never before
Glowing of red hot lava of saliva
Burning away the morals and hopes left at the bottom of their intestines.
Barrowing away into their hearts.
Until they are but a case of flesh.
Their eyes glittering of tears.
Yet black they were.
Help was a useless word to pass about.
For they the children of religion,
Remained possessed and Puppeted.
Ofentse Mercy Hajane's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Possessed and Puppeted [Religion] by Ofentse Mercy Hajane )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
Poem of the Day
- Passion and Risks, UMBELINA FROTA Linhares Pime ..
- Snip!, Lawrence Beck
- Today I learned that I am an orphan - Th.., Dee Jay
- To Glorify Jesus, Tom Zart
- I only scribed dirge but she killed thee.., Sir Toby Moses
- I only scribed a dirge but she killed th.., Sir Toby Moses
- Imitation., Tony Adah
- Stupid Wife, kassem oude
- Suicide Note., Tony Adah
- Everything Nothing, Ruby Honeytip