Those possible impossibilities
They cloud my brain
With all sorts of uncertainties...
How can there be such a thing as infinity? -
It's got to be an impossible impossibility.
What about the concept of prophecy?
No way, no how, can't be-
Does time really travel in all directions?
What an impossible impossibility!
Okay—here's the Big One-
Who invented God?
Is He a figment of His own imagination?
Hey man—that's just plain odd.
I think, therefore I am.
Or least I think I am.
Is Life one big nightmarish dream
Or just a puzzle piece of God's perfect scheme?
Those possible impossibilities...
They storm my brain
With such creativity.
Forever we'll live to Infinity...
That Great BIG possible possibility.
Susan Sparks's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Possible Impossibilities by Susan Sparks )
- The ragged men of Indian English poetry, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Thoughts, nicholle gibson
- PH: Sin: The Wages Of Sin, Brian Johnston
- Ideals Envisioned, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- America Radicalized, Is It Poetry
- Just before Midnight, Frank Avon
- I and I, Daniel Erdner
- Love: Don't Bargain, Aftab Alam
- War is lust and Peace is Love,, Aftab Alam
- Endless game, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Where The Mind Is Without Fear, Rabindranath Tagore
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)