RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Twinkling stars of poverty's eyes, stay stranded in
my mind, watching the depravity of lives starving
inside for companionship.
Tattered images beginning each day with eyes of
dismay at having woken again in an alley of a rich
city, no one to care for them.
Alien sounds ringing through their minds, pulling
unwanted thoughts of comfortable homes and families
only wished and hoped for on earth.
Twilight settles on them every day without ever
having made anything better in their lives.
Shining stars only reflecting the poverty of their
every breathless, unkempt hunger pang of remorse.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Poverty's Eyes by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- मीडिया, Priyanka Gupta
- The Daughter of the Earth - 19, gajanan mishra
- सीने में आग भरो, Aftab Alam
- Annoyance Generator, Christopher Withers
- The Lass Of Alberry, Julian Mann
- The truant.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- All Is This World, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Feeling Alive, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reactions To A Poem, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Examinations, abhi mangla
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(3rd April 19sixty)