Define power as you wish:
The ruling of one over another,
More money, friends and family;
Call it what you will.
Where does such a thing derive from,
Is it the simple act of knowing more than one
And less than another?
Because there will always be someone to out do us.
Whichever you choose, or we could say
Power consumes us all.
Unwillingly I have power over you,
Your actions have weakened my vulnerable love
In such a short time, love has been replaced by
You jump, walk and run when I ask (say) , so why does this uncertainty remain?
In some way- many ways, you have power over me.
But He has more.
You see, once my power over you (then hidden by love) faltered
And now doubts remain,
This power; so crude and uncaring now translucent for the world to see
Something as simple, as calculated, as power
Creates uncertainty, hate, regret…
Wistfulness: History is repeating.
Lily Espinosa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Power by Lily Espinosa )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Amen (ए'मेन), Ronjoy Brahma
- बबि अनजालि, Bahadur Basumatary
- Witchy lady, Clara Keiper
- Birds, Tony Adah
- come, come to the light, let us all bathe., RIC S. BASTASA
- dignity finally comes in the form of a r.., RIC S. BASTASA
- to live in the kingdom of the clouds, RIC S. BASTASA
- but always remember no one owns it, RIC S. BASTASA
- Diaris Godoooo!, Rex mayor Ubini
- THE OLD MAN HAS FOUND TRUE LOVE AGAIN, RIC S. BASTASA