Powers that hold forever
You had a power over me.
On that day that you hurt me.
You had the power to bring me down.
Its a power thats never gone.
A power thats never losened its grip.
You prayed on my weakness
You knew I was defencless.
But it would appear you didnt care.
You didnt give a shit.
That I was weak and helpless
I couldnt fight back.
God only knows how scared I was.
You had the power to scare me.
You took the power to hurt me.
Power is a strong thing.
Bastards like you love power.
Power nevew losens the grip.
Never lets me be.
Thats cos you scared me so
You scared me with your power
You scared me witless
Amy Kerswell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Powers that hold forever by Amy Kerswell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Carnal Succubus, Is It Poetry
- The Music Just Stops, mike scully
- colorful lies, Mary Amrutha
- Bonus post, Mae AC.
- My Left Hand, Kyle Schlicher
- The Mad Scientist Writing, Kyle Schlicher
- Right or Wrong, Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran
- A Real Friend, Margaret Moran
- you're a vessel i want live on twelve mo.., Mandolyn ...
- Riff on Bruce's Post Card Love Affairs, David McLansky