Praagaash - the all girls band in Jammu and Kashmir.
Ganga, Yamuna, Saraswati
Raging rivers wanton and free.
From the snows of Kashmir,
Rises the base of our nations Keel.
It makes it stand, and that's why we don't kneel.
Just as my rivers are free, and my sons,
So are my daughters,
Whether they call me abba or Pappa is not what matters,
How dare you silence my nightingales?
What gives you the right to gag my only heritage?
How can you think you will get away with this?
The snows of Kashmir will smother you in a stitch.
Let their be light, let their be only pure light
Let their be Praagaash.
Hardik Vaidya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Praagaash - the all girls band in Jammu and Kashmir. by Hardik Vaidya )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(November 1, 1871 – June 5, 1900)
(19 April 1928 - 26 December 2006)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Pessimist Vs. Optimist, Sujay Asukar
- In And Out Of Existence, Margaret Alice Second
- aChe HiLLy's Heal - oN thE hEELs oF eVeR.., sEaN nOrTh
- Pretty Eyes, Jack Abdallah
- The Heavy Thumb, Gouda Moon
- hope of hopes, Thampi KEE
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -99, Ronjoy Brahma
- But It's Over, Tex T Sarnie
- The Opposing Thumb, Gouda Moon
- जोनोमगिरि आय, Ronjoy Brahma