Praagaash - the all girls band in Jammu and Kashmir.
Ganga, Yamuna, Saraswati
Raging rivers wanton and free.
From the snows of Kashmir,
Rises the base of our nations Keel.
It makes it stand, and that's why we don't kneel.
Just as my rivers are free, and my sons,
So are my daughters,
Whether they call me abba or Pappa is not what matters,
How dare you silence my nightingales?
What gives you the right to gag my only heritage?
How can you think you will get away with this?
The snows of Kashmir will smother you in a stitch.
Let their be light, let their be only pure light
Let their be Praagaash.
Hardik Vaidya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Praagaash - the all girls band in Jammu and Kashmir. by Hardik Vaidya )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Mosley Manor, marriam anderson
- Desire, Avinash Nair
- My Grieving Heart, Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- The Green Flash, Morgan Michaels
- The Rough Guide to Romantic Comedy, James Thomas Miller
- Recessional, James Thomas Miller
- Poverty Streets, Darren David Weaver
- Destiny, Jesus James Llorico
- Another Sunset, Jesus James Llorico
- Time and Distance, Michael Mira