~ PRAYER ~
Beloved you only pray in times of stress or need.
Forget not to pray for the joy and abundance you already have.
Prayer is but the expansion of your self into the Cosmos.
If it is for your comfort to pour darkness into space,
It should also be your delight to pour out the dawning of your soul.
If you cannot but weep when your soul summons you to prayer,
Trust that after weeping you shall find laughter.
When you pray you rise to meet in the air others who pray.
And you recognize each other in sweet communion.
Know that when you enter prayer with no other purpose than asking,
For the sake of asking you shall not receive.
Be invisible and pray not before men.
Beloved I cannot teach you how to pray with words as,
You have but to allow God to speak through your lips.
If you but listen to the stillness of the night you shall hear;
“Father your will is our will”
We need not ask for anything, because you know our needs before us.
Father you are our only need, for in giving of yourself you gives us everything.
(Inspired by Kahlil Gibran)
View more writings, images and video at;
Ray Lucero's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (~ PRAYER ~ by Ray Lucero )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I failed to, gajanan mishra
- essay # i'll never know, gordon nosworthy
- I See The Sun, Pijush Biswas
- Variety of doors!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- What is superior?, gajanan mishra
- Mind, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- WE ARE TEMPORARILY HERE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Waxing Grandiloquent, Margaret Alice Second
- When The Evening Light Comes, Pijush Biswas
- Hindi haiku (56-60), S.D. TIWARI