Enoch O. Akanji
Prayer against Waywardness and Youthful Exuberance
My child, you are created for signs and wonders. You will be a sign and
wonder to your generation, in the name of Jesus. The Lord God
will grant you the grace not to turn away from what is right and to
pursue His righteousness, in the name of Jesus.
May God grant you the grace to do what is right and proper in the eyes
of God and man, in the name of Jesus. May God grant you, my
child, the grace to do things willingly to meet the standards of the
Most High God, in the name of Jesus.
May God grant you, my child, the grace not to be disobedient, but
rather you will obey the commandments of God and the rules and
regulations of the society in which you live in.
My child, you will not sway or be prompted by caprice, in the name of Jesus.
My child, you will not do anything contrary to the will of God, in the
name of Jesus.
My child, you will neither be strong-headed nor stubborn, in the name
of Jesus. You will not be difficult to talk to nor be arrogant. Your
attitude will be that of Christ’s, in the name of Jesus.
Almighty God, uphold my child with Your mighty hand, and let Your
mighty hand rest upon him/her, in the name of Jesus. My child will
not be incorrigible. My child will be open to correction to know and
do things better.
THE MAGNIFICENT 333 PRAYERS 59
Unchangeable Lord God, change my child for the better, and let there
be total turnaround in my child’s life. My God, bless my child with
the enthusiasm to know You and serve You wholeheartedly, in the
name of Jesus.
My child will not be overwhelmed with the youthful exuberance to do
the wrong things, in the name of Jesus. Waywardness will not be the
portion of my child, in the name of Jesus.
My God, cut off the excessive behavior that will lead my child astray,
in the name of Jesus. My child will not be reckless or extravagant in
spending, in the name of Jesus.
Enoch O. Akanji's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Prayer against Waywardness and Youthful Exuberance by Enoch O. Akanji )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
Poem of the Day
- There Is No Good In Goodbye, Casarah Nance
- the old tatered guilt, Clara Keiper
- Going Ahead, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Bless You, Michael P. McParland
- Richard Doe, Adeosun Olamide
- The Most Important Part, Loyd C. Taylor
- Separate Paths, Lora Colon
- Dream Actualizers, Saiom Shriver
- Promise Me! ! !, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- 2015 is still ahead, MOHAMMAD SKATI