I have no children:
But tonight a poem came
in which a small child,
my daughter, appeared at the door
of a half-lit room
wherer late one night I wrote
at a heavy desk.
And though interruption
was hardly welcome
I took her to myself,
just as the poem,
comforted this daughter
until she found peace.
The poems as the children
come as they will come.
BS Johnson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Preconception by BS Johnson )
- Sealed With an X, Robert Kane
- In Dismay, Edward Kofi Louis
- We Need The Truth, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Praise You, Edward Kofi Louis
- A gift of God, ABHIPSA TRIPATHY
- As One Breathes The Air, Edward Kofi Louis
- Unilateral, Edward Kofi Louis
- Never Feeling Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- To The Gates Of Hell, Edward Kofi Louis
- The house where the wife lives like an i.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan