Lawrence S. Pertillar
Appearances representing image,
Takes concentrated effort.
With a dedication not to overlook insight.
Attention to detail always delights.
To entice those getting invitations sent.
But no one should disregard benefits many value.
And incentives that excite,
One that accepts a doing that invites.
'I could care less,
What was done to the exterior...
With a complete redoing of the interior.
Of course it looks nice.
I'd like to know with it shown,
How my time is going to be spent.
And who impresses me with a welcoming,
Of my presence I shouldn't have to mention.'
~Leave your ego at the door.~
'This is not about ego.'
~But WHY should they assume you to be so special? '
'They shouldn't assume anything.
They should know something about networking.
Who does it and how that is done.'
~But they know nothing about you.~
And that's the point I make.
And I'm also not the one soliciting.'
~Perhaps you should make your presence known.~
Whose business is it to keep 'their' doors open?
I'm investing time.
Not advice, suggestions or recommendations.
I've done that before to be ignored.'
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Presentation Sells by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Bluened Tones, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Y/.. Thirst, Aufie Zophy
- Enchanting Essence And Passion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Y/.. Much more, Aufie Zophy
- Awaiting Universe Claims A Seconds Thought, Terence G. Craddock
- Crying Sun, Bill Cantrell
- Opening Wisdom, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- MAN LIVES ONE TIME ON OUR EARTH الانسان .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Touching Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Silent Plains, Brandt Nightingale