I AM THAT MOUSE
color me pink and make me beautiful....
anything pretty will do, pretty like you.
sad girl, painted in blue and black and gray,
make me new.
take me back.
wisk me away.
anything to be pretty, pretty like you.
color me red and make me beautiful...
anything color you prefer, just make me as pretty as her.
sad girl, painted in white and green and brown.
end the night.
close the screen.
kill the clown.
anything to be pretty, pretty like her.
from one end of the spectrum and back...i still end up in the color black
I AM THAT MOUSE's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Pretty Clowns. by I AM THAT MOUSE )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Chandramukhi, I Haven't Seen You For So .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Becoming An Essence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Chosen Path, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I've Killed, Mr. Nobody
- Treasuring Experience, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Flair, douglas scotney
- Feel the pain, gajanan mishra
- Inhaling Breaths Of Words, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Where Chants Collide, Richard Jarboe
- SUPER LOVER~~ Michael Mcparland! ! ! !, Mr. Nobody