All I have left is my pride.
But a shield, yet a buoy.
Keeps me afloat against vice,
Against your spite that annoy.
My pride; a protective pride,
Affords me dignity's joy-
When you want to stomp my might,
When you want to stop my force.
It is my pride that clears my sight.
Thus leave me to my proud course.
Lest you feel my wrath ever fierce.
My pride, the only dignity I know.
Only wall between trodden tears;
The defender of weak, helpless souls,
Those looking upon the rich with fear.
Pride; the bold titanium shield of sorts.
Blocking the piercing stares and jeers.
Unseen strength that can't be stopped.
Can't be broken; is my pride here.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Pride! by Real Wordz )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Do të vish, skender iljaz braka
- Diku ne buzedete..., skender iljaz braka
- Dhimbja e Motres…., skender iljaz braka
- फैलाव दुब्लियाव, Ronjoy Brahma
- Shkozeti ynë, skender iljaz braka
- Cultural Values and Economic 'Values' (O.., Varanasi Ramabrahmam
- Refugee, Tony Adah
- Hugging The Girl, Post Not The Photo, O .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- thank you for stepping on me, Mandolyn Davidson
- आंखौ बासिनाया (मेथाइ), Ronjoy Brahma