This prison of the mind is a disgrace.
They can't trap your thoughts and ideas they said,
they lied to my face.
Nothing is flowing in my dead mind.
The eloquent words I once had I cannot find.
The crossed out words, I once wrote I now hate.
Memories of a different time but the same place.
Set me free from this cage, the mind needs life to sustain.
I look out the window at what i could have. It drives me Crazy.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Prison by Matthew Kraft )
- Going to persons who don't have generous.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- AM I A MOUTHPIECE?, M.D Dinesh Nair
- The Moon, Phil Soar
- They Got Tired لقد تعبوا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The first time, Cigeng Zhang
- THEY GOT TIRED, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- MY WAYطريقي, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Genes, jeans!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Ticking Over, Yvonne Rautenbach
- In A Confused World, Edward Kofi Louis