This prison of the mind is a disgrace.
They can't trap your thoughts and ideas they said,
they lied to my face.
Nothing is flowing in my dead mind.
The eloquent words I once had I cannot find.
The crossed out words, I once wrote I now hate.
Memories of a different time but the same place.
Set me free from this cage, the mind needs life to sustain.
I look out the window at what i could have. It drives me Crazy.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Prison by Matthew Kraft )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 July 1870 – 16 July 1953)
Poem of the Day
- Ode to My Hands, Tim Seibles
- Ode on My Episiotomy, Kimberly Johnson
- Teaghlach (Family), Ewen Morrison
- love so pure, love so true, kat tommany
- THE MIDDLE GROUND, Satish Verma
- bonds of friendship, kat tommany
- valentine's day, kat tommany
- can i be your valentine's day, kat tommany
- Even If Broken, Lyn Paul
- forever and always yours, kat tommany