This prison of the mind is a disgrace.
They can't trap your thoughts and ideas they said,
they lied to my face.
Nothing is flowing in my dead mind.
The eloquent words I once had I cannot find.
The crossed out words, I once wrote I now hate.
Memories of a different time but the same place.
Set me free from this cage, the mind needs life to sustain.
I look out the window at what i could have. It drives me Crazy.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Prison by Matthew Kraft )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Coach journey home, Mark Heathcote
- Another Barn Burns (don't call 911) .., Monk E. Biz
- Confirmation, Yuliy Valenko
- The bee Haiku, Sambanath Denis
- The Slight And Sorry Words, Sambanath Denis
- On A Painting, Sambanath Denis
- The Day Your Mother Kept For You, mary douglas
- Leaving For Okinawa In The Morning, Kyle Schlicher
- Into Your Eyes, Spiritwind Wood
- What You Thought I Thought You Thought, Dexsta Ray