History can not be rewritten nor is absolution an absolute cure
Man's reason and purpose is to protect the innocent and the pure
The raising of children belong in the family not to an amateur.
Life is much more than just the passing of earthly or spatial time
It is the legacy we leave our children who are the fruit of our vine
Go give and leave them images of value and virtue for their minds.
Children are invited to come and contribute whenever they can
To know life's purpose and reason is the union of woman and man
The mind of a child needs to be challenged so they can understand.
The children are no longer our children when they leave the home
To carry forward and give to their children who are really a loan
The capacity to ask questions; for all answers come from their dome.
Sense's, intellect and questions, the basis for most human thought
The family home is where answers are given before they are sought
A child needs a safe, protected environment, in which to be taught.
The continuity, salvation and redemption of those here and to come
In the hands of all God's children for through them their will be done
Humanity is singular and exclusive and their gender is two not one.
All children filled with the energy of life and an unfettered mind
To have their time of peace to play, question and eventually find
To participate in life with good purpose and reason and never resign.
The children can move our world forward and even far beyond
Always to be; think; and acknowledge; mankind's most common bond
We on earth to to come together and teach our children to get along.
From the beginning to the end all on earth can be for naught
If the children refuse to participate and grow, all will be lost
A shared responsibility to question, listen and all signs to watch.
chuck Hurley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Process 1 by chuck Hurley )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(22 March 1941 -)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- It isn't easy!, Lubinda Lubinda
- I Am Third, Perry Biggerstaff
- The Nigeria Political Vampires, Chinweokwu Sunlight M. Ndubu ..
- Alack! Afore! Alack! Afore!, Dexsta Ray
- WAR modern art-form of meaninglessness, George Dee Vuy
- I let myself, Elena Ioannou
- Love Is Hard, Is It Poetry
- Broken Waves, Pintu Mahakul
- PH: Poetry Writing: In Poetry, Brian Johnston
- Moving Out, Adriana Avila