Promises aren’t worth a dim anymore,
empty words that immediately lose their value,
the moment they leave the lips that uttered them.
Human beings no longer know,
the value of truth and a man’s word,
how when all else is lost,
your word, your honour, your truth;
is all that you'll have to pride yourself with,
maybe even survive.
The oath between two beings
has been soiled so much so,
that even the vows said between two hearts,
is no long till death do us part,
but rather till life exposes human nature.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Promises by Albert Hallonda )
- This Is My Bungalow, This Is My Car, Thi.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- f' my life i hate this place, shannon strauss
- Pulmonary Hypertension, Strydar Enox
- Depths Unknown, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- English ‘hope', douglas scotney
- Looking for a new land, gajanan mishra
- Let Vishwakarma Be With, The Divine Mast.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- TWIRLING WANDS, shannon strauss
- Same As My Heart, Rose Lu ( Bing Hua )
- You are the Best!, Rachel Nichols