Dr John Celes
Prompt Word Poem: Use Power Aright
Power is needed – a form of energy,
To do all things and live in luxury;
Power given to leaders helps them rule,
And run in life like a horse or a mule!
Power of mind is good to be steadfast,
To remember and do more things by will;
Muscle-power is good to show off strength,
Enthrall the world by feats, despite your skill.
Power of armies lies in bombs and guns,
And logistics and strategies hidden;
Power of God is awesome, infinite –
Goodness that rules the destiny of things!
Power in excess corrupts hearts of men,
Who stay in high authority and rule,
The common man and subjects like despots,
But are brought down by elections or war!
The power of life is in your very hands!
Use, misuse or abuse – you just decide;
Power can help you live a glorious life,
But use it prudently with fear of God!
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Prompt Word Poem: Use Power Aright by Dr John Celes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- In the End, Gandhi and King Were Murdered, Lawrence Beck
- Love's labor lost, PRIYANKA BHANDARKAR
- mens sana in corpore sano -a healthy mi.., Sadiqullah Khan
- Do not leave us, Sadiqullah Khan
- Regal Grace, Sadiqullah Khan
- Another Lesson Learned, Danielle Mari Nidea
- A Birthday Wish, Adonis Enricuso
- What Why When.......Its Gone Wrong?, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Envy, Nassy Fesharaki
- Shattered, Ana Rose Trazo