Promulgate peace wherever you go,
wherever you go I say promulgate peace,
In all the places - for the reasons I know -
a people free to choose will always choose peace!
Promulgate peace wherever you are,
it's a necessity in a developing nation!
Always keep the gates of peace ajar
and, please, proclaim peace without procrastination.
Promulgate peace in all ways,
to every living being preach peace;
both on highways and byways
people prefer the prince of peace.
Promulgate peace, it's not a crime!
It's the ideal use of energy and time!
Proclaim peace and eliminate pity,
yes, if spreading peace is a crime then I'm guilty!
Promulgate peace each and every season,
it really would be a handsome idea!
Preach the words of sublime reason
to each and every listening ear!
Bring peace unto my bosom, my dear -
bring peace and take away my film of fear!
Give to the world peace and freedom
For that shows a great sign of wisdom!
Promulgate peace and let's defy the odds,
let's all strictly stick to humanity,
let's be fair and faithful like the knight of old
And lets take a leap into pacific pools of serenity and tranquility.
Peace equals justice and unity,
Peace is equiponderate to impartial amity,
yes, a purely pacific world a probability there is,
and with each and every one of us lies the capbility to ease -
to ease our tempers and attitudes and breathe peace
For a people free to choose will always choose peace!
Comfort Ndlovu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Promulgate Peace by Comfort Ndlovu )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Suicide in the Trenches, Siegfried Sassoon
Poem of the Day
- Nobody, maryline vautravers
- Textology - 3. Mistakes, Joseph Archer
- Your smile, Leong Ming Loong
- everything is ok, Cee Bea
- मेरी तनहाइयां..............., sanjay kumar maurya
- Curses Of Much, Naveed Akram
- Colors of Our Love, Saliah Jabbar
- witness, Cee Bea
- It Was Delightfully Cold, Naveed Akram
- DUAL ROLE, MBJ Pancras