The problem lies,
The expert said,
With the head.
We must be wise
Our logic skills.
The head, you see,
Clots up the nerves.
It complicates, you must agree,
All else. If one observes
The utmost in economy
We must strive to free
Essential parts from distractions.
The eyes, the ears, the tongue, the nose -
We can dispense with all of those.
The brain will generate abstractions:
A useless frill
Such as free will,
Such as a tendency to dream
And consciousness, which may stream, -
All extras which we must discard,
An exercise which may prove hard
But, in the end,
Will heal and mend
And prove to be a winning card.
This prototype can be
The ultimate Humanity.
It’s headless, but manages quite well.
No thoughts of heaven, or of hell,
A total loss of scrappiness
Results in perfect happiness.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Proposal by Jan Sand )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Takim miqesh..., skender iljaz braka
- Loti i engjellit dhe loti i djallit, skender iljaz braka
- Prime Truth - 12, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 11, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 10, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- The Flying Dutchman , Gert Strydom
- Tu ktheva, o det., skender iljaz braka
- Shkujdesur ecja rrugeve te qytetit, skender iljaz braka
- Retrospektive, skender iljaz braka
- Catharine, Gert Strydom