She hated child labour
But did not help any
To make a living
Or to go to school
She cared for animals
But could not resist!
The temptation of
Eating animal flesh
National and social service!
But did not do it
She preached simplicity
But lived ostentatiously
The utterances always
Spoke for down- trodden!
Were all high society
She yelled at each one around her
Love and compassion
She was a protagonist!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Protagonist by Udaya Pant )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- NIGERIA OF MY DREAM 8, john chizoba vincent
- The Aardvark, George Hunter
- Children of the Night, Maverick Jones
- PESSIMISM VERSUS OPTIMISM التشاؤم ضد الت.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- NIGERIA OF MY DREAM 7, john chizoba vincent
- The tin box, Sagarika Julka
- Strong Woman, Lilly Emery
- Am I doing fine?, Sagarika Julka
- The Willow Tree, Lara A. Aqrawi
- Not Slowing Down, Maverick Jones