May Yahweh answer you in time of trouble,
may the Name of the God of Jacob protect you!
May He send you help from the sanctuary,
give you support from Zion,
remember all your oblations
and find your holocaust acceptable;
may He grant you your heart's desire,
and crown all your plans with success;
may we shout with joy for your victory,
and plant our banners in the Name of our God!
May Yahweh grant all your petitions!
Now I know that Yahweh
saves His anointed,
and answers him from His holy heaven
with mighty victories from His own right hand.
Some boast of chariots, some of horses,
but we boast about the Name of Yahweh our God;
theirs to crumple and fall,
but we shall stand, and stand firm!
Yahweh, save the king,
answer us when we call.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Psalm 20 by Justin Reamer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Something nags me!, Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran
- Cosmology, Don Tiedemann
- In Lamplight, Don Tiedemann
- Denouncing Trinity, Richard Thripp
- A Hollow Spaceship, Richard Thripp
- My Worn Heart, Liilia Talts Morrison
- 1912 through 1916, Richard Thripp
- Monarch Butterfly, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Mooch Winnipeg, jerome moore
- yer mom hath a lithp, Mandolyn Davidson