I will be strong and I will hold on.
I will not fade so you can hold me in our arms.
I will not let go of my hope,
For it is my light at the end of the rope.
You shine so brightly,
I close my eyes and here you are a second time,
electrifying my minds eye.
Opening the curtains of my despair.
You set me free but pull me close,
To feel your hearts beating pulse.
Brianna McCrudden's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Pulse by Brianna McCrudden )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Poem of the Day
- The valley of Utah, Rekha Mandagere
- A House I call my Own, Reagan A. Latumbo
- I Do No Know, Tony Adah
- Layer upon Layer Snow Everywhere!, Ramesh T A
- untitled, Panmelys
- If Your Love Belonged To Me, Lora Colon
- She Says She can't Stand Me, Leonard Champlin
- Ethereal Wonder, Jerry Ukaigwe
- One Day, Marizane Diedericks
- Since you have left, Marizane Diedericks