I always questioned the existence of a God, but never of a divinity. See, the divinity of the trinity never really made sense to me and honestly I don't know if I want to live to be infinity. So okay, I'll live for today, but these flashing lights and lambo doors make me question what I'm living for. If I have a purpose I'm not getting it, but the right mix of this alcohol and women make me feel like I'm getting it. If there's a higher being then where is my inner meaning. Am I just living to die with the hope I'll leave a few people that will cry. This is my verse, this is my sad song, just another man going about life hoping he isn't doing it wrong.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Purpose by Shawn Grace )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Silent Messages, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- the old man is bitten, RIC S. BASTASA
- ....and then an empty morning sky, RIC S. BASTASA
- Magnitude Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- At present, hasmukh amathalal
- and then the night swallows her includin.., RIC S. BASTASA
- Cupid Pari, binod bastola
- my eye has a patch on the inside, Mandolyn ...
- Final Moment, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- to always be the self amidst these cacop.., RIC S. BASTASA