Marketing determines success.
Maneuvering promotes success.
Swamis are not an exception.
Intelligent swamis amass wealth.
People being insecure seek faith.
Progressive in knowledge though they’re,
Regressive they are in action
And run to swamis for faith healing.
Luminaries and millionaires
Prostrated in front of Baba,
Whose philanthropic arm reached out
Beyond the scope of Andhra State.
He projected himself as selfless,
Transparent and minimalistic
With a magic power to redress
Miseries of multitudes across.
He died before he timed his death.
He died in the intensive care.
He died without naming an heir.
He exposed himself in his death.
Gossips were there in early days
That with some women devotees
He had had secrecy and with some
Men devotees he had privacy.
Gold, silver, cash worth millions
Uncovered from his private cells
Are enough to put him behind bar.
He knew he’d not be there to see.
As long as I live in the world
I should live as much in comfort
And have as much sway on people
By any means, each swami’s whim is.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Puttaparuthi by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar. )
Did you read them?
- Two Snipers, michael walkerjohn
- It was a routine traffic stop, Cyndi K. Gacosta
- Angel Wing, Anthony Di'anno
- Rant of a Sorcerer, Russell Nero
- Inspiration to Live, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Shadow Chase, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Love and True love, Tilde Sauffaus
- On - that note, sEaN nOrTh
- In The Quiet Of The Night, Clive Blake
- PH: Nature: Canoeing the Mississippi #8, Brian Johnston
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- October's Bright Blue Weather, Helen Hunt Jackson
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)