Marketing determines success.
Maneuvering promotes success.
Swamis are not an exception.
Intelligent swamis amass wealth.
People being insecure seek faith.
Progressive in knowledge though they’re,
Regressive they are in action
And run to swamis for faith healing.
Luminaries and millionaires
Prostrated in front of Baba,
Whose philanthropic arm reached out
Beyond the scope of Andhra State.
He projected himself as selfless,
Transparent and minimalistic
With a magic power to redress
Miseries of multitudes across.
He died before he timed his death.
He died in the intensive care.
He died without naming an heir.
He exposed himself in his death.
Gossips were there in early days
That with some women devotees
He had had secrecy and with some
Men devotees he had privacy.
Gold, silver, cash worth millions
Uncovered from his private cells
Are enough to put him behind bar.
He knew he’d not be there to see.
As long as I live in the world
I should live as much in comfort
And have as much sway on people
By any means, each swami’s whim is.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Puttaparuthi by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar. )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Quarrelsome Man, Syed Ahmed Shah
- 'you belong to the sea', Mandolyn Davidson
- i'd offer you a drink, but all i have ar.., Mandolyn Davidson
- Prime Truth - 25, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 24, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Dutch Trowel, Richard Thripp
- Mind..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- action, laxami Cards
- Words as Markers, Ananta Madhavan
- Accursed Fireballs, Suman Kumar Das