How can I assert you –
My loving sweet heart
That how much you’re closer to me
And how much do I love thee,
I was telling the same – number of times
I could not live or dream devoid of you.
You stopped me smilingly –with a kiss
That I don’t need this to tell you again
Leaving this earth, you proved me wrong
That without you even, I can live alone.
Oh’ my dear - Oh’ my love -
Now, though I agree that I was wrong
But now I’m dying every moment
Alone alone just I am alone
In this crowded earth without you
I am alone.
Amitava Sur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Puzzle by Amitava Sur )
Did you read them?
- Dreams Incarnate, Dylan Engelbrecht
- The Rose, Neela Nath
- No one to question, hasmukh amathalal
- She does, hasmukh amathalal
- Multi-dimensional; heavens?, Mark Heathcote
- Watch, ramesh rai
- You Know I Do, Michael McParland
- Drowning, Neela Nath
- Where to go, gajanan mishra
- This African Woman, Anthony Seyi Abiodun
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)