Brimming with care, prepared is our love-cup.
Thirst quenches deeper now nectar runs clear.
Not wanting to waste in sips, I drink up.
Swallow to glassy dregs, and unfearful
That love will taste bitter after such draught,
I settle it deep, and heart feels emboldened.
Now sweetened, ready for honeyed laughter
I escape the dreary norm, take firm hold
Of fate's hand and head for life love will control.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Quenched Thirst. by Fay Slimm )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Sonnet: Who Makes Money Wisely?, Dr John Celes
- Postcard For The Tin Soldier In Tintypes.., mary douglas
- I Submit, I Am Krakatoa
- till the last blood, binod bastola
- When Public Limited Company Goes Under, Terence G. Craddock
- We are three friends, gajanan mishra
- Single march, hasmukh amathalal
- It is unpleasant to live with mental uns.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- What to tell, hasmukh amathalal
- HAPPINESS, LIFE & LOVE, Tom Zart