RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Solitary confinement isn't bad for a poet, it's actually a good thing to block everyone out.
Forming many sentences, colliding with new ideas is more efficient.
Cloistered brain cells have a chance to be opened up interiorly and placed on screens of my mind.
Playing with words, making up new ones is great fun for my soul.
Enticing new facets and aspects come to light, engaging so much of my intellect, it's so enjoyable and I totally fall into it's lightened abyss.
Never minding being alone, it suits my soul and heart to not be reminded of betrayals of other people.
Left alone in a quiet solitary confinement suits my personality.
Recent goings-on touch and dive into pools of images and memories giving me plenty of food for thought.
Liking the motion of rhythm, following and keeping time with my writing is an excellent pain reliever.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Quiet Confinement by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
David Herbert Lawrence
(11 September 1885 – 2 March 1930)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Hopeless Romantic, Shane Clawson
- Firebird Sunset, Salvatore Ala
- Flicker, Jessica Paige Davies
- I will always return, Jessica Paige Davies
- They are my horses, Jessica Paige Davies
- HOW THEY ALL FALL, Terry Collett
- Caucus at the Parking Meter, Donal Mahoney
- A Small Something, Jessica Paige Davies
- Shrouded, Jessica Paige Davies
- I Live, Tanja Henderson