O rainbow shades!
Tell me are you wet or dry?
Did you paint the butterfly?
Did you add the green to grass?
Did you make the azure sky?
My rainbow shades!
Who tied you up in colored band?
What kind of art was in that Hand?
Did it keep the magic brush?
Did it hold the Deity's wand?
You rainbow shades!
Let’s stop the spur of riding time
Let’s sing the song of bells that chime
Let’s make this world so heavenly
Let’s play the tune of happy rime
Come hold the pulse of waning day
And let me see your twilight gray
Your sight gives joy to every heart
By coloring dreams you play your part
Let’s whisper love to candle flame
And share the secrets with the moon
Let’s shade the sketch of vales and dales
Let’s weave the fabric of our dreams
Let’s dream to see those dreams come true
Come, celebrate the falling tears
Leaving all deceiving guile
Let’s rejoice the hearty smile!
Shahzia Batool's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Rainbow Shades! by Shahzia Batool )
Did you read them?
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- In Flanders Field, John McCrae
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(17 June 1867 – 2 September 1922)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)