O rainbow shades!
Tell me are you wet or dry?
Did you paint the butterfly?
Did you add the green to grass?
Did you make the azure sky?
My rainbow shades!
Who tied you up in colored band?
What kind of art was in that Hand?
Did it keep the magic brush?
Did it hold the Deity's wand?
You rainbow shades!
Let’s stop the spur of riding time
Let’s sing the song of bells that chime
Let’s make this world so heavenly
Let’s play the tune of happy rime
Come hold the pulse of waning day
And let me see your twilight gray
Your sight gives joy to every heart
By coloring dreams you play your part
Let’s whisper love to candle flame
And share the secrets with the moon
Let’s shade the sketch of vales and dales
Let’s weave the fabric of our dreams
Let’s dream to see those dreams come true
Come, celebrate the falling tears
Leaving all deceiving guile
Let’s rejoice the hearty smile!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Rainbow Shades! by Shahzia Batool )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- 154. The Path Of Life, John Westlake
- OUR FALLEN LEAVES اوراقنا المتساقطة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Language, Our Friend, Sandra Feldman
- there's a pretty plum sky and then there.., Mandolyn ...
- Revealed, John Onyeme
- Groom is the Cadaver, Pintu Mahakul
- Sleep deprived, Matthew Holloway
- More Than Just Memories, David Whalen
- Legacy, Matthew Holloway
- EVERY ACTION HAS ITS REACTION لكل فعل رد.., MOHAMMAD SKATI