Rainbows And Waterfalls
Even in the darkness of a dream.
The mind can still see.
The vivid colors of rainbows and waterfalls.
The gentle smooth soothing tranquil sound of water falling.
For it there and only there that the soul can be truely at peace
with the world.
There the true colors of life will come shining through.
The comfort of a single thought, will flow across the rock of
the mind, and under the bridge over trouble waters.
Tumbling freely over the edge of the waterfalls of forevermore,
and falling gently without sound into the sea of forgiveness, to common
the trouble water of the soul.
Comforting the mind in the mist of tranquilility of self satisfaction.
Even in the darkness the mind can still see rainbows and waterfalls
jackie compton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Rainbows And Waterfalls by jackie compton )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- The Mousetrap, Herbert Nehrlich
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Country Inn, Dr. Yogesh Sharma
- Mysterious guest., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- If You Could, Brian J. Stafford
- Melancholy of a dreamer, Jonathan De Vocht
- The snow makes me happy., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Nilgiri Tahrs., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Wild boars., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Father Damiern, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Thunder In The Distance, Susan Lacovara
- Grant me Love! Demon., Leylek D. Sovura