Ullas R Koya
Tapping the age old AC's rhythm
I slowly let my eyes close.
Black clouds amassed atop the green.
Somewhere in the skies,
A lovely plaint thunder.
A dropp will drip,
Drops will pour down.
Holding the face high
I awaited the downpour.
Stood tight for the earliest drop.
Carving the skies it finally arrived.
Gently touched my eyelid.
Moist. I mildly opened my eyes.
Instantly picked the phone and dialed;
'Man! The AC maintenance ain't come yet! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Raindrop by Ullas R Koya )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 October 1875 - 1 December 1947)
(1923 - 1998)
(1644 - 1694)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Will there really be a "Morning"?, Emily Dickinson
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Poem of the Day
- So encouraging, hasmukh amathalal
- So Good, Michael P. McParland
- Snuggle, Michael P. McParland
- To speak untruth, hasmukh amathalal
- Sleep Well Love, Michael P. McParland
- Sleep Tight Sweet Lady, Michael P. McParland
- Stable in life, hasmukh amathalal
- Sleep Tight Dear One, Michael P. McParland
- Now i have a taste for eden, cristobal Benjumea
- Sitting Here, Michael P. McParland