RAINS ARE COMING
Sleep me, conceive me like sphagnum;
propel me to essence of death.
Seeing has put me behind the truth,
Like centipede, fear crawls in deep blind cave
throwing the feelers.
The gene has faltered. No red lights.
A paw, a blackboard, white lines
message is not clear.
My absent candles are freaking in wormy
darkness, noiselessly. The solitude
trying to gather the words.
Listen to time clock. Past and future.
Present has held the lantern to see
the hands moving. Sound comes out
clearly from the prophets of galaxies.
I want to catch the winds
in my legs to blast the horror of life,
underside of the gnarled credibility.
The rains are coming.
Satish Verma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (RAINS ARE COMING by Satish Verma )
- Uncompleted Quest, Mark Nixon Legaspi
- All-in-one, Edward Kofi Louis
- Make Me, Sentamu Aziz
- The Traffic Light, Edward Kofi Louis
- Bye Baby, Sentamu Aziz
- Homeland, Ibrahim Nasrallah
- Kylie, Edward Kofi Louis
- Childhood, Ibrahim Nasrallah
- Poetical Arizona Deserts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Freedom, Ibrahim Nasrallah
Poem of the Day
- Blackberry-Picking, Seamus Heaney
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Prison Cell, Mahmoud Darwish
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)