Rant.... [a short ranting poem about poems/poets; tongue-in-cheek]
Poems MUST be subtle!
Else them I’LL SCUTTLE! !
NEVER make the meaning clear!
From clear meaning YOU MUST ALWAYS STEER! !
ENOUGH! of poems about Loves.
REMOVE those boxing gloves! !
Give us GRIEF, and HATE, and GORE!
“Endearing” poems must exist NO MORE! ! !
And DAMN! your poets’ tricks!
I’ll HIT you HARD with STICKS …..
if spelling or punctuation FAILS,
and empty on you......PIG SLOP PAILS! ! ! !
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Rant.... [a short ranting poem about poems/poets; tongue-in-cheek] by Bri Edwards )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Renu Rakheja a.k.a Tranquil Ocean
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- 'Words', Katherine York
- Love, Baki Yigit
- Hopeless Romantic, Shane Clawson
- Firebird Sunset, Salvatore Ala
- Flicker, Jessica Paige Davies
- I will always return, Jessica Paige Davies
- They are my horses, Jessica Paige Davies
- HOW THEY ALL FALL, Terry Collett
- Caucus at the Parking Meter, Donal Mahoney
- A Small Something, Jessica Paige Davies