Rape obsessed India.
Sita had to pass the Agni Pariksha.
The woman has to be pure.
She is genetically predisposed to corruption of the soul.
Sati, widow had to burn alive on the pyre,
Along with the corpse of men's desires,
To service them in hell or heaven,
As properties and toys are a mans best friends.
Keep women under men's watch,
If they rupture their hymen without the owners nod,
Shorn their heads, chop their fingers, ride them on a donkey
So that the other women know who's born with little Johnny.
The rape is bred in the homes of India.
In our bedrooms, Living rooms, Kitchens, Bathrooms
In the closed rooms of our minds,
It masquerades as as spiritual chimera in our souls
The propaganda of control has corrupted our whole
And reduced us to seekers of vaginal holes.
Hardik Vaidya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Agni Pariksha means trail by fire, fire burns impure, if a woman is pure, she won't be touched by the flames of fire was the concept.
Sati a barbaric Hindu practice of burning wives on the funeral pyre of the dead husbands corpse.
Manusmriti the worst document, documenting the propaganda and theory of social holocaust and apartheid in India.
Comments about this poem (Rape obsessed India. by Hardik Vaidya )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Question, Robert Frost
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Dark Crevices, Kela LewisMorin
- I Submit, Vera Sidhwa
- Nadine, David Lewis Paget
- Experiencing Humiliation, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Woes Of The World, Kela LewisMorin
- my favorite painter is the sky, Bull Hawking
- The Music of the World, Vera Sidhwa
- If You Were Here Today, Serena Blackinton
- my eyes only see light, Rob Spiering
- All for You, Muhammad Sarim Ashrafi