Rape of Ila
My mother was born ila.
What a lovely name.
From the soil.
Sexy, elegant divine.
When she married,
Her name was changed.
Changed to Varsha.
All names in my fathers family began with a V one.
When you change a name, do you change a rose?
Can you change the color of earth by naming her brimstone?
The earth of my soil has not changed,
But my heart weeps at the barbaric feat.
A woman was beheaded, and the Gandhians
Stood naked, bankrupt and shameless.
Hardik Vaidya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Rape of Ila by Hardik Vaidya )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- في الفن المعماري, نزار قباني
- <<< Beast and man, Abdul Wahab
- <<< Humanity and progress, Abdul Wahab
- <<< Brute Power, Abdul Wahab
- The Green Flash ll, Morgan Michaels
- AN UGLY WAR VERSUS A PRETTY PEACE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Mosley Manor, marriam anderson
- Desire, Avinash Nair
- My Grieving Heart, Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- The Green Flash, Morgan Michaels