Leo C. Jones
Re-rolls Exist Only in Board Games
You were the road not taken
The turn I could have took
My biggest 'what if.'
The die was cast and they clattered on the board
A dot on each cube like pupils
Dead and blank
Glared at me then I ask myself,
Could we have rolled
Through tables and boards,
And become ones that sum up
But a 'could we have, ' it is,
And the coin was tossed years ago.
I chose a face.
I chose heads not tails.
And now my head is filled with could-we-haves
Because could we have?
What if we did?
But the die was cast and
The coin was tossed,
And I chose to choose the head again.
Leo C. Jones's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Re-rolls Exist Only in Board Games by Leo C. Jones )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Dead Theatre, rashmi sri
- The nest of love, Jesus James Llorico
- Pappou Elia To My Father In Australia 1.., Elia Michael
- The God of Fallen Leaves, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Lonely Gallinule, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Appeasement, Stephanie Sharma
- Golden Boyhood, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Mysterious Beauty, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Complex Mind, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Twin stars, Zillur Rahman Shuvro