Leo C. Jones
Re-rolls Exist Only in Board Games
You were the road not taken
The turn I could have took
My biggest 'what if.'
The die was cast and they clattered on the board
A dot on each cube like pupils
Dead and blank
Glared at me then I ask myself,
Could we have rolled
Through tables and boards,
And become ones that sum up
But a 'could we have, ' it is,
And the coin was tossed years ago.
I chose a face.
I chose heads not tails.
And now my head is filled with could-we-haves
Because could we have?
What if we did?
But the die was cast and
The coin was tossed,
And I chose to choose the head again.
Leo C. Jones's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Re-rolls Exist Only in Board Games by Leo C. Jones )
- Words Heard, By Accident, Over The Phone, Sylvia Plath
- To A Jilted Lover, Sylvia Plath
- Event, Sylvia Plath
- To Eva Descending The Stair, Sylvia Plath
- Fate's Decisions, Tex T Sarnie
- My Body, Tammy Sue Moore
- Aiming High, Tex T Sarnie
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #05, Ronjoy Brahma
- Changing Thoughts, Akhtar Jawad
- Lament, Sylvia Plath