Reach for the stars
I Watch the evening news,
Murder and stock market blues.
Congressmen making broken promises,
Banks, homes in foreclosure,
And a second recession.
I waken everyday with a smile,
People always ask the question why?
It's a simple as apple pie,
I'm so high,
I reach for the stars in sky
I radiate happiness like wi-fi
I don't live every moment to deny
So happy, I just sigh,
So happy to to be able to say,
I'm free to struggle or succeed on this day.
My pockets have no bills,
I cant afford a new car or the house on the hill.
I listen to the song, I get by,
While I drive down the highway
And I reach for the stars in sky.
I'm so happy just to be alive
Riding the bubble, Just trying to survive.
Trying to just make a little good,
From a whole lot of depressing mood.
So reach for the stars in the sky
Reach with me for the stars in the sky.
Listen to the song, I get by
Don't ask the question why.
We can't fix the social lie.
Just Smile, my friend
how far can you extend?
Sing with me, I get by
Reach for the stars in the sky.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Reach for the stars by Jay Aguiniga )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Private Obsession, Electric Lady
- Dispossessed Nests By Jayanta Mahapatra, Bijay Kant Dubey
- My Princess, Gabriel Jirgba
- THE PRETTY RAMADAN IS GOING TO EXPIRE AF.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Lullaby for the doomed, Willian Menuci
- into her goblet, gordon nosworthy
- Night's Tale, Willian Menuci
- Soldiers, Tony Adah
- Morning Hymn, David Lessard
- How Bluntly Speak They, The CPI(M) Even.., Bijay Kant Dubey