Reach for the stars
I Watch the evening news,
Murder and stock market blues.
Congressmen making broken promises,
Banks, homes in foreclosure,
And a second recession.
I waken everyday with a smile,
People always ask the question why?
It's a simple as apple pie,
I'm so high,
I reach for the stars in sky
I radiate happiness like wi-fi
I don't live every moment to deny
So happy, I just sigh,
So happy to to be able to say,
I'm free to struggle or succeed on this day.
My pockets have no bills,
I cant afford a new car or the house on the hill.
I listen to the song, I get by,
While I drive down the highway
And I reach for the stars in sky.
I'm so happy just to be alive
Riding the bubble, Just trying to survive.
Trying to just make a little good,
From a whole lot of depressing mood.
So reach for the stars in the sky
Reach with me for the stars in the sky.
Listen to the song, I get by
Don't ask the question why.
We can't fix the social lie.
Just Smile, my friend
how far can you extend?
Sing with me, I get by
Reach for the stars in the sky.
Jay Aguiniga's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Reach for the stars by Jay Aguiniga )
- 雨Rain, qin xing
- Kamikaze Heart, Kewayne Wadley
- 难道你真是一片云（ Don't you is really a cloud? ）, qin xing
- Assuring Voice, Somanathan Iyer
- Synchronization, SALINI NAIR
- Best World, Kolade Seun
- For you, rest in peace, Cigeng Zhang
- Moon Beams, Yohan Confectioner
- Falling Through, Claudia Scott
- City Of Angels, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns