Reaching For The Stars
I am looking past the moon.
I am reaching for the stars.
The journey is worth the effort,
The distance is not that far.
I go as far as my body takes me,
My imagination lifts me the rest of the way.
The stars are constant, faithful friends,
Guiding and showing the way.
I've heard it said,
"Stars are the forgot-me-nots of angels",
I know that's where I want to be.
High above the sadness and despair
Upward and onward is my destiny.
Yes, I am reaching for the stars
I even know I will arrive.
For surely with my eyes fixed on the stars
I can definitely reach the sky.
I believe in people
I believe there is a light
a hope, a spark, inside all of us.
It is our obligation to each
to let our light shine.
I believe when every person allows
the light to shine, all our "lights"
will join together and will shine
as bright as the sun.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Reaching For The Stars by Jodi Davis )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Sounds Of Sorrow, Midnights Voice
- Breathless, Chelsy Schuman
- daily sports pun, lee fones
- humpback whales doing stuff in the ocean, Mandolyn Wind
- Your Difficult Test, Mark Kosek
- New Orleans Cries, Monica Lanier
- The Heat of the Sun, Jacqueline Nash
- the desert knows whats up, Mandolyn Wind
- When the Moon Descends, F. J. Thomas
- body part man, lee fones