Reaching For The Stars
I am looking past the moon.
I am reaching for the stars.
The journey is worth the effort,
The distance is not that far.
I go as far as my body takes me,
My imagination lifts me the rest of the way.
The stars are constant, faithful friends,
Guiding and showing the way.
I've heard it said,
"Stars are the forgot-me-nots of angels",
I know that's where I want to be.
High above the sadness and despair
Upward and onward is my destiny.
Yes, I am reaching for the stars
I even know I will arrive.
For surely with my eyes fixed on the stars
I can definitely reach the sky.
I believe in people
I believe there is a light
a hope, a spark, inside all of us.
It is our obligation to each
to let our light shine.
I believe when every person allows
the light to shine, all our "lights"
will join together and will shine
as bright as the sun.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Reaching For The Stars by Jodi Davis )
- Time Is Not On Your Side, Katherine Perry
- Caesar And Crassus, Saiom Shriver
- >> Funny World, Abdul Wahab
- If, Menkato Awomi
- Agar tumain, Saleem Zidi
- The Pen As Midwife, Saiom Shriver
- Bride And Groom, Jeannette Heywood
- Lincoln And Thanksgiving, Saiom Shriver
- Fears are worse....., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Sleep, Akhil Zoomin
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)