Reaching For The Stars
I am looking past the moon.
I am reaching for the stars.
The journey is worth the effort,
The distance is not that far.
I go as far as my body takes me,
My imagination lifts me the rest of the way.
The stars are constant, faithful friends,
Guiding and showing the way.
I've heard it said,
"Stars are the forgot-me-nots of angels",
I know that's where I want to be.
High above the sadness and despair
Upward and onward is my destiny.
Yes, I am reaching for the stars
I even know I will arrive.
For surely with my eyes fixed on the stars
I can definitely reach the sky.
I believe in people
I believe there is a light
a hope, a spark, inside all of us.
It is our obligation to each
to let our light shine.
I believe when every person allows
the light to shine, all our "lights"
will join together and will shine
as bright as the sun.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Reaching For The Stars by Jodi Davis )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 February 1970-)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(22 March 1941 -)
Poem of the Day
- तु ही खयाल कर, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- गीतकार हूँ मै, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- समर्पण, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- 'Invictus' Invalid, Frank Avon
- धुन सवार ले, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- एक इंसा की खोज में, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- खुदाया मै तेरा हो ना सका, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- स्त्री भृण हत्या, Dr. Ravipal Bharshankar
- DHARTI KI AUTI PARI, Pankazz koirala Upadhayaya
- Rory Richards in His Pew, Francie Lynch