How fast one ran may be defined
By the hurdles one faced.
How long one ran may be judged
By the cripples one sustained.
How far one ran may be arrived at
By discomforts one encountered.
How best one ran may be viewed
By odds one managed to overcome.
Mere records show not real merits.
Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Real merits by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar. )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1923 - 1998)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Are You Drinking?, Charles Bukowski
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski