There are real villains
And true heroes.
The villains are not men,
Nor objects, or spirits;
They are your very thoughts.
And the heroes?
They are the boys and girls
Who know your name
They are the friends
That turn to you in the morning
And say, “You’re beautiful today.”
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Real Villians by Maddy Gilboy )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- To My Son, Robert Leary
- I am yours forever, gajanan mishra
- सिनायमोनि आंनि सिमांनि रजे, Bahadur Basumatary
- Wildly Into The Night, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Drunk poetry, Christian Lacdael
- Opportunities, Christian Lacdael
- COPLA 68 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Yes I Do, Lalit Kaira
- Wooden Footprints, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- New Migration Equilibriums Time Shift Es.., Terence G. Craddock